Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WHOSE PROPHECY ARE YOU FULFILLING

Only GOD can Fulfill his prophecy
Have you ever met somebody before you met them? This is what I mean, have you ever heard about somebody from either friends or family and by the time you actually meet them physically, you already have an opinion of them based on what you have been told about them.
That has happened to me a lot and sometimes what I had been told and what I see are totally different things. I discover that my opinion of this individual is totally different from what I had been told about them. Everyone has their own opinion of what kind of a person you are. To some you are a good person while in some peoples opinion, you are not all that!

Matthew 16:13-17
When Jesus and his disciples were near the town of Caesarea Philippi, he asked them, "What do people say about the Son of Man?"
The disciples answered, "Some people say you are John the Baptist or maybe Elijah or Jeremiah or some other prophet."
Then Jesus asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Simon Peter spoke up, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus told him: Simon, son of Jonah, you are blessed! You didn't discover this on your own. It was shown to you by my Father in heaven

Jesus faces the same issue. People had an opinion of what His identity was. To some He was just a prophet. To Others He was the carpenter’s son while to others He was Elijah come back from the dead. Peter on the other hand Had Gods opinion of who Jesus was, because Jesus tells Him that flesh and blood has not revealed that to him but God in heaven.
That tells me that no matter how good I am, people will always have varied opinions of who I am. God also has an opinion of who I am and since He is the one who created me, it makes more sense to take His opinion because He is my maker and He knows what He put in me.

The question is, whose prophesy are you fulfilling? Of the opinions you have heard about who you are, which one are you living out? The devil also has an opinion of who you are and he will not hesitate to keep whispering in your ear what he thinks about you. God on the other hand has written a book to let you know what He made you to be and what you are to achieve.

The surprising thing is that we are more inclined to believe the negative things that are said about us. You can have 10 people compliment you on what a good job you are doing, and then one person says you are good for nothing and that one statement is what sticks with you and soon enough you believe it and you live it forgetting that 10 people said you are doing great.
When you look at your life, whose prophesy are you fulfilling? Are you living your life according to what God has said about you? Is His prophesy over your life the reality you are living or have you been fulfilling the devils prophesy over your live?
Do you know who your maker says you are? Read the word and find out what Gods opinion of you is find your identity in Him and then begin to fulfill His prophesy over your life

Calvary Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...